What is Personal accident insurance?
Personal accident insurance is a type of coverage designed to provide you support when accidents occur and their associated consequences. Personal accident coverage is a safety net that offers financial assistance when you need it the most. Whether you fall and break your leg, get a cut that needs stitches, or will be hospitalized due to an accident, PA insurance can help to cover some of the expenses.
In case of a severe accident leading to permanent disability, personal accident insurance can also provide compensation. Personal accident policy may offer various levels of coverage and covers different types of accidents, so you have to choose the insurance policy that suits your needs the most, whether it is road accident coverage, car or motorcycle accident coverage, extreme sports activities coverage, and others.
What is the difference between Personal accident insurance and Health insurance?
When comparing personal accident insurance and health insurance the main difference lies in the type of coverage insurance policies provide.
Personal Accident insurance provides financial protection for accidental injuries, disabilities, or death. It offers a lump-sum payment or coverage for medical expenses resulting from covered accidents. For example, if you have an accident, such as a fall, a car crash, or a sports injury, personal accident insurance steps in to provide you support. It helps by covering your medical expenses, hospital stays, and may even offer financial assistance as you recover.
On the other hand, health insurance provides coverage for medical expenses resulting from both accidents and illnesses. It can cover expenses such as doctor visits, hospitalization, surgery, prescription drugs, and more, depending on the specific policy. Health insurance is designed to cover a wide range of medical needs and conditions, including pre-existing conditions, critical illnesses, and diseases.
Meanwhile, personal accident insurance usually has limited coverage for accident-related injuries only, PA insurance premiums are more affordable and worth purchasing.
What personal accident insurance coverage is offered by Roojai?
Roojai offers you a variety of personal accident insurance benefits designed to cover your back in case of unforeseen events. Here's what you can expect:
- If the Insured passes away or suffers permanent disability, whether total or partial, resulting from an accident, Roojai offers a maximum coverage amount of IDR 800 million to the insured or their beneficiaries.
- If you were hospitalized due to an accident, Roojai will cover 10% of the selected sum insured, up to a maximum of IDR 80 million. This amount will be directly paid to the hospital, ensuring hassle-free experience for you.
- Understanding the emotional and financial burden associated with funeral arrangements, Roojai will assist the Insured's family during this difficult time and cover funeral expenses. The Insured can receive 10% of the selected cash benefits, up to a maximum of IDR 80 million.
- With Roojai, you have the flexibility to enhance your protection by selecting additional coverage options that suit your lifestyle and specific needs. You can add extra layers of coverage for accidents that occur while riding a motorcycle or bicycle, engaging in extreme sports, and even accidents resulting from acts of violence such as murder or attacks.
To learn more about our personal accident insurance, we recommend you to see the full details in the terms and conditions of personal accident insurance
What is additional coverage insurance?
Additional coverage insurance or extended coverage insurance refers to extra protection that can be added to your existing insurance policy. The purpose of additional coverage insurance is to give more comprehensive protection against specific risks or situations that may not be included in the basic policy. Just keep in mind that additional options may result in increasing your insurance premium price.
Why buy personal accident insurance with Roojai?
The are several reasons why you will benefit from purchasing your personal accident insurance online with Roojai:
- Instantly get a free quote for your PA insurance policy by quickly answering a few questions.
You can customize your insurance coverage according to your needs, budget and lifestyle, and select additional protection with add ons:
- 2 wheelers coverage (motorcycle & bicycle)
- Accident due to Murder or Assaulted
- Accident while doing Extreme Sport
- You only pay an insurance premium based on the selected coverage, no extra charges.
- Get reliable cashless insurance coverage for hospitalization due to accidents.
- Choose annual payment and save 13% on your insurance premium.
- Easily manage your expenses by selecting 12 monthly installment options.
- Advance payment methods by credit card or virtual account.
On top of all these benefits, you can easily access and manage your insurance policies 24/7 through the user-friendly MyAccount platform.
How to buy personal accident insurance with Roojai?
You can easily get a Roojai PA insurance policy within minutes by following these five simple steps on how to buy personal accident insurance below:
- Click the personal accident icon on Roojai’s homepage and answer a few questions.
- Select a personal accident insurance plan according to your needs, budget, and lifestyle.
- Click the “Get covered now” button and fill in your email and mobile phone number. If you want to see the insurance quote, you can choose to send the insurance quote by email.
- Choose a payment method (credit card or virtual account), and pay the insurance premium in full or by installment plan. Roojai is happy to provide additional support for any concerns on how to pay for personal accident insurance.
- If required, you need to submit proof of income to activate your insurance policy.
You will get access to your e-policy via my account. Or if you select to receive a hard copy, the policy document will be sent to your address.
What are the requirements for buying accident insurance online?
Buying personal accident insurance at Roojai is a hassle-free experience. Save your time and purchase quickly online through a smartphone, computer, or laptop, no complicated requirements, just stay connected to the internet.
In certain cases, our underwriters might require more information to give you the best cost-effective insurance premium. So, you might want to prepare additional documents, such as proof of income or bank statements from the last three months, to smooth and fasten the process.
What payment methods are available on Roojai?
Roojai offers you advanced payment methods such as:
- Credit card
- Virtual account transfer
You can also pay in monthly installments to manage your spending easier with a credit card or virtual account.
Can I pay personal accident insurance premiums in installments?
Yes, Roojai offers a 12-monthly installment plan for personal accident insurance, which you can pay by credit card or virtual account. Rest assured that if you choose to pay in installments with a credit card, the full amount is not blocked from your card limit. Instead, you only need to pay a monthly portion of the total premium.
How to claim personal accident insurance?
Roojai’s personal accident insurance claim is very flexible and can be done in 2 ways:
Simply download and fill out the claim form and attach the required documents. Your claim will be processed immediately. You can check how to claim insurance with Roojai for more detailed information.
Does Roojai personal accident insurance cover personal injury medical expenses due to a road accident?
Yes, personal accident insurance from Roojai covers risks due to road accidents, including a car accident or having an accident while riding a motorcycle or bicycle (when you choose to add protection against an accident while driving a 2-wheeled vehicle). In addition, this insurance also covers other types of accidents, such as accidents due to being murdered or attacked, and accidents that happened during extreme activities.
What kind of extreme sports are covered by Roojai’s personal accident insurance?
Roojai’s personal accident insurance covers extreme sports such as racing: cars or boats, horse racing, cycling, ski racing including jet-ski, skate racing; boxing, parachute jumping (except to save life); boarding or traveling in a hot-air balloon, gliding, bungee jumping, diving (with oxygen tank) and scuba diving (using breathing equipment).
Where can I get medical treatment in case of personal injury due to an accident?
To ensure a smooth and worry-free personal accident insurance claim process and receive high-quality care during challenging times, please seek medical treatment at one of Roojai’s medical clinics or partner hospitals. As soon as an accident happens, you must file a personal accident insurance claim and select one of the available hospital facilities.
Can I change my insurance policy details?
If you need to update your insurance policy information with Roojai, simply get in touch with our customer service team. They will guide you through the process and gather the necessary details for the changes you want to make. Our agents are committed to providing you with the best assistance possible. Keep in mind that additional documents might be requested.
How do I cancel my insurance policy?
Contact Roojai customer center to cancel your personal accident insurance policy via email or telephone. Insurance policies will be canceled after phone confirmation.
How to contact Roojai?
Contact Center (quotation, purchase, general inquiries, claims): 021 5089 0821
Don't hesitate to reach out to us. We're here to provide the support and information you need.
What are the tips for buying personal accident insurance?
Before buying personal accident insurance, there are 4 things you need to do:
Assess your protection needs
Understand your lifestyle, activities, and potential risks you may face to determine the insurance coverage options you require. Consider factors such as your occupation, hobbies, and any specific risks.
Find a good reputation insurance company
Look for insurance providers with a solid reputation and a track record of reliable service. Check customer reviews, ratings, and feedback to gauge their credibility and customer satisfaction.
Learn about insurance the claims process
Affordable insurance premiums are indeed tempting, but you need to know first how the services and claim processes are offered. Make sure the claim process provided by insurance is easy, fast, and transparent.
Understand policy limits and coverage
Carefully review the policy terms, conditions, and coverage limits. Make sure that insurance policy covers the specific accidents and injuries that concern you the most. Look for comprehensive coverage that includes medical expenses, disability benefits, accidental death benefits, and other relevant features.
- Compare insurance premiums - Get cost-effective insurance policy with maximum benefits and lower price. Consider contacting the insurance company directly to get the best offer.